Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010: a lesson in procrastination

Less than 12 hours away from the first flight. I should be packing. I should be printing travel documents. I should be sleeping.


Instead, I've spent most of today visiting with friends and making rounds at the high school. I had lunch with Mr. Smith in the band room. I dropped in on Ms. Wenum and Dr. Slusser in the theatre. I made a quick trip down to Huckins to see Cindy and Buddy and give them the brochure for Haida, the yacht in Sharjah. I got my last Chick-Fil-A fix for 6 months with Brad. I've sorted my iPod music and prepped the PowerBook for a deep sleep. (I'm only taking the school laptop to Sharjah.)

Now, I'm procrastinating by updating the blog and skype-ing with Christopherrr.

I've officially hit the "just get me over there stage," and I'd preferably like to skip the part where I spend six hours in Houston waiting for a plane. (I've already dismissed the existence of this mythical flight to Dubai that lasts 15 hours.)

Perhaps I should now do the things in paragraph 1.

Nah, there's still time. A true Webbie waits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment